Direct Holidays Pricing And Conditions And Content Disclaimer
A low deposit may be available when you book your holiday. If you take advantage of any low deposit offers, please be aware that the balance of the full deposit, currently £150 (£180 for long haul destinations) must be paid 8 weeks after booking. In the event of cancellation the full deposit must be paid.
Tropical Escapes Summer 2011 & Winter 2011 £125 per person valid until 30th June 2011 - full deposit amount £182.50 per person includes ATOL charge.
Deluxe Summer 2011 & Winter 2011 £125 per person valid until the 30th June 2011 - full deposit amount £182.50 per person includes ATOL charge.
Deluxe Summer 2012 £125 per person valid until 31st July - full deposit £182.50 per person includes ATOL charge.
Weddings £125 per person valid until 30th June 2011 - full deposit £182.50 per person includes ATOL charge.
Summer 2011 & Winter 2011/2012 £75 per person valid until 30th June 2011 - full deposit amount £152.50 per person includes ATOL charge.
Summer 2012 £75 per person valid until 30th June 2011 - full deposit amount £152.50 per person includes ATOL charge.
Free Child Places
Direct Holidays offer 'Free Kids' or 'Free Child Places' in the descriptions of selected holidays on our website. A free child means you benefit from not paying the applicable child price for the first child. (The current selling price for that child applies if no free child places are left or you have the option to choose to pay for the child in order to benefit from other savings or discounts). We will limit the number of places available at these properties and by room type, availability is also usually restricted by date or travel and UK departure airport. Although descriptions may refer to the hotel/apartment having free child places, the actual availability for these is determined by the room type and flight you select and if a place is available you will see the basic cost for the first child on your booking shown at nil cost. If there are no free child places available when you book, we will show the lowest available first child price for that holiday. Free or discounted child prices are subject to our child price conditions as contained in the 'Holiday Information' section displayed on our website at the point of confirming the booking.There are a limited number of free kids places available at selected properties on selected dates from all UK airports. These places are obviously popular and go quickly, so make sure you book early. Please note that the second child price applicable at the time of booking still applies if the first child has a free place. A free child means you benefit from not paying the applicable child price for the first child. (The current selling price for that child applies if no free child places are left or you have the option to choose to pay for the child in order to benefit from other savings or discounts). Please see below for the child price conditions.
Please note, all new bookings made from 01/03/11 will have to pay a fuel supplement. This is a result of exceptional increases in fuel costs. A fuel supplement of between £15 - £40 per person depending on destination is applicable. The fuel supplements are the result of changes in fuel costs between the time tour operators price their holidays and flights and the time of booking/travel. Tour operators and airlines reserve the right to alter prices and introduce fuel supplements where changes in fuel costs occur. Since all these costs are beyond our control and subject to further changes, any additional charges will be added and shown separately at the time of booking.
Price Match guarantee - We won’t be beaten on price
We guarantee to match the lowest available price on identical and bookable holidays in any other non Thomas Cook Group Tour Operators brochure available at your ABTA Travel Agent (with the exception of special offer brochures). The booking must be for a minimum of two full-fare paying passengers. Holiday price comparisons will be between the total cost for the entire travelling party including flight and accommodation supplements, but excluding insurance premiums. In order for accurate comparisons to be made, the holidays must be identical in all respects i.e. the same departure date and airport and the same accommodation (including room type and board basis). Flight timings must be directly comparable as follows: flight departing 04:00 - 12:59hr = slot 1; 13:00 - 18:59hr = slot 2; 19:00 - 03:59hr = slot 3. Holidays including Scheduled Flights, special offers, late availability prices, travel agents’ offers and group booking discounts are excluded from this guarantee which relates to the full brochure price of each holiday. In cases where free children’s holidays are to be included in price comparisons, we would ask you to note the following: If your booking with us includes a free child place but the alternative holiday you have located does not, the appropriate child price applicable on that alternative holiday will be taken into account in the calculation. A flight must be either a day or night flight as appropriate, and for all holiday comparisons we will require proof of availability at the claimed price at the time of booking. All claims need to be made within 14 days of the date your booking is confirmed.
Prices are quoted per person and per booking and are based on the number of adults sharing as given in the booking enquiry. Accommodation supplements are determined by the date the accommodation is occupied and not the departure date (unless otherwise stated). All prices shown are correct at the time of enquiry, but we reserve the right to change our prices; prices can go up or down.
When you check our latest holiday price on our website or with your Holiday Advisor, you will be advised of the basic holiday price including any additional costs associated with your choice of flight (such as, the departure point, day and time of flight or seasonality of your flight). The only supplements you are likely to see when you book that relate to your choice of flight will be for extra leg room seats, or other optional services (such as seat selection, internet check-in).
Important Information about changes to the way we price our holidays
We have made some changes to our holiday pricing system which has changed how our prices appear on our reservation system, website and confirmation invoices. When you check our latest holiday price on our website or with your Holiday Advisor, you will be advised of the basic holiday price including any additional costs associated with your choice of flight (such as, the departure point, day and time of flight or seasonality of your flight). The only supplements you are likely to see when you book that relate to your choice of flight will be for extra leg room seats, or other optional services (such as seat selection, internet check-in).
What the price includes
- Accommodation - For hotels, the price applies to each of the two adults sharing a room. Apartment, villa and studio prices are based on the maximum number of adults sharing the accommodation and for fewer adults under-occupancy supplements usually apply.
- Meals – as described in the accommodation description.
- Services of our Overseas Representatives or 24-hour assistance from our UK Duty Office.
- Return Flights – from a selected airport. The price of your holiday will be influenced by your flight selection and date of travel.
- Luggage Allowance - Your hand luggage and hold luggage allowances are independent of each other and cannot be combined together. All our holidays, except “Late” holidays booked within 12 weeks of departure, include a minimum of 20kgs luggage allowance (25kgs for Deluxe Direct & Indulgence bookings) which you can check-in for carriage in the aircraft hold. Infants travelling on Thomas Cook Airlines flights also receive 10kgs hold allowance – please refer to the section titled ‘Carriage of infants’ for more information. When you book you will be offered the opportunity to increase your hold luggage allowance for an additional charge – this will apply to all travellers on your booking. Please note – additional luggage allowance cannot be added once travel tickets have been issued. Excess baggage charges will apply if you exceed your allowance. Hand Allowance: you are permitted to carry onboard a maximum of 5kg hand luggage per person (excluding infants).
- In-flight meals - An in-flight meal is included in the price of your holiday. If you make a “Late” holiday booking in-flight meals are not included but can be added at an extra charge at the time of booking. Please note a compulsory charge for an in-flight meal will apply if you book within 4 days of departure. Unless specifically requested and recorded separately on your invoice, a child will receive the same meal as an adult.
- Return Transport between your destination airport and accommodation in resort is included. This will be in the form of a mini bus or coach transfer unless otherwise specified in the accommodation description or confirmed on your invoice. You may find that your transfer is shared by customers from other tour operators within the Thomas Cook group. We have combined transfers in this way to ensure that you depart as swiftly and efficiently as possible. If you make a “Late” holiday booking within 12 weeks of departure a transfer is not included but can be added at an extra charge at the time of booking. For Indulgence customers the transfer will normally be in the form of a taxi transfer (although exceptions may apply). All guests (including Indulgence guests) will receive car hire instead of a transfer in Florida & Las Vegas.
- Taxes & Charges
- Air passenger duty (APD), UK airport taxes and security charges - all prices include current government APD. Destinations are categorised into four geographical bands based on distance from London. Each band has two rates, one for standard class of travel and one for other classes of travel. The rates are subject to change and are published on the HM Revenue & Customs website – visit www.hmrc.gov.uk. Our prices may go up or down if APD rates change.
- Aviation Fuel Costs known at time of booking (see Extra Charges - before booking)
- Charges for extra security, aircraft insurance, aviation and other associated costs.
- ATOL Protection Contribution (APC) – the price of your holiday includes the amount of currently £2.50 per person as part of the ATOL Protection Contribution (APC) we pay to the CAA who provides financial protection for your holiday in the unlikely event of our failure. The amount you have paid will be shown on your confirmation invoice.
- Deluxe Direct bookings also include a complimentary drink (all on Thomas Cook flights only). A headset is also included on flights over 7 hours. Indulgence bookings include the same benefits as Deluxe Direct bookings plus pre-bookable seats, taxi transfers (car hire included in Florida and Las Vegas) and fruit in the room on arrival.
And what's extra
- Holiday Insurance - you MUST be insured.
- Meal supplements - where applicable are in the accommodation descriptions and price panels.
- Under-occupancy supplements
- Optional excursions.
- Charges made by accommodation – see section ‘local charges’ below.
- Locally collected taxes (including arrival / departure taxes and entry visas where applicable).
- Accommodation Deposits - in some cases on arrival at self catering accommodation you may be asked for a deposit. This is refundable, less the cost of any damage or loss. When you register, many hotels will ask you for an imprint of your credit card to cover any personal extras. If you do not have a credit card, they may ask for a large cash deposit.
- Excess baggage on coaches and aircraft - excess baggage charges will apply if you exceed your allowance and/or you take sports equipment. Please refer to the section titled Carriage of Sports Equipment in the flight information section for more details.
- Late booking fee - a charge will apply for all bookings made within 14 days of departure. We will make arrangements for you to collect your tickets from our airport representative on arrival, or in some cases may be able to post your documentation to you, at your request. The charge will be a minimum of £15 per person but if special delivery is required the cost may be more.
- Credit card charges – prices advertised on this website apply to payment by cash or debit card. A charge will apply to payment by credit card - please ask for details
- Possible surcharges - see ‘Surcharges - price increases after booking’ section.
- Car Hire - Car type upgrades and car insurance upgrades in Florida and Las Vegas.
At some accommodation certain amenities may carry a local charge. Unless we have stated that a service or facility is ‘free’ in our accommodation descriptions or included services/facilities in an all inclusive package, you may be asked to pay a charge. Here are a few examples of what you might expect to pay for locally, but always check first as there may be others.
- Property owners may charge guests to use sun loungers / parasols around swimming pools, this is particularly common in Greece and Cyprus.
- Daily car parking charge at some hotels/apartments.
- Entertainment and activities away from your accommodation.
- Highchairs, cots, hotel run Children’s Clubs and meals for infants.
- Meals and beverages from certain restaurants and bars at your accommodation.
- Certain premium drink brands or à la carte meal options and the use of certain eateries and bars at All-Inclusive hotels.
- Safety deposit facilities, room service, mini-bar, TV/ satellite TV, telephone calls, air-conditioning and sea views.
- Facilities and equipment such as pool towels, sun loungers, whirlpools, indoor pools, sauna, table tennis, billiards and darts and other sporting equipment.
Official Ratings and Tour Operator Ratings
Tour Operators will usually have their own ratings for when they assess accommodation unless otherwise stated. The rating's that are shown on our website are Direct Holidays own ratings and are an attempt to give a guide to the overall quality of property. Tour Operator's universal ratings are usually based on the views taken from customer feedback and of senior managers in both the UK and overseas. Where applicable, official ratings are given by the authorities in the country, and do tend to give a fair impression of relative standards within that country. Please be aware that different countries have different rating standards; therefore a 3-star hotel in one country may not be the equivalent to a 3-star hotel in another.
No Hidden Extras
20kg luggage allowance, in-flight meal and resort transfers are NOT included as standard on “Late” holiday bookings made less than 12 weeks before departure. These services are available as an optional supplement during the booking process.
Save 20% off All Inclusive Holidays
Save up to 20% off all inclusive holidays booked before the 14th April 2011. This offer excludes Deluxe properties and holidays and the offer is subject to availability and can change at any given time.
Tropical Escapes Summer 2012
Guaranteed £150 off per booking for summer 2012 holidays departing between 1st May 2012 to 31st October 2012 to far away destinations, excluding Deluxe properties and holidays. Bookings must be made before 8th April 2011. Offer is subject to availability and can change at any given time.
Extra Charges - before booking
Tour operators & airlines may apply fuel supplements to the price of holidays and travel arrangements due to increases in fuel costs. Where applicable, these additional charges are included in our advertised prices but will be shown separately on your holiday price summary.
Surcharges – price increases after booking
We reserve the right to surcharge - please refer to our Booking Conditions for details. Offers and options.
At some properties you can opt to pre-book a private transfer to your accommodation. This is priced for a return journey, per taxi (standard saloon size car or minibus may be provided) with a maximum of 4 people per taxi. Luggage space may be limited with 4 people on board which may result in an extra taxi being required when you get to resort - any charge for this will be passed on to you. In many overseas countries, please note that taxis, may not have child or baby seats.
Our prices are usually for holidays of 7 and 14 night durations, other durations are subject to availability. Where you would like to stay longer, some holidays require a minimum extended stay of one week. All extended durations are strictly subject to availability. For stays of more than 90 days to Turkey, Tunisia 30 days to Egypt and 28 days to India please contact your Holiday Advisor for important information on Visas and associated costs.
Honeymoons, Anniversaries & Birthdays
Many hotels offer honeymooners and guests celebrating anniversaries and birthdays special treats such as fruit, wine, flowers, candle-lit dinners, or free room upgrades (see also ‘room upgrades’ below). Where available, please note that the hotel may ask you to produce a marriage certificate in order to benefit from the honeymoon/anniversary offers. Please ensure you advise us at the time of booking if you are on celebrating a honeymoon, birthday or anniversary during your holiday.
Complimentary Room upgrades
Where applicable and unless otherwise stated, offers of free room upgrades shown in the brochure will be determined by availability when you travel and your room will be allocated on arrival at the accommodation. If your room is upgraded, please note that this will not necessarily be to the next highest category featured on our website as we do not sell all room types at all hotels.
Group discounts are not available on flight only bookings and are subject to availability. A deposit is payable against all free places and will be credited against the final balance. Free places do not include optional room and board supplements and are subject to availability. Overall occupancy includes your free places. Free places are calculated on the number of passengers finally travelling. All passengers must travel on the same date to the same accommodation. Group offers may not be combined with any other discounts or offers. Free adult places are not available in conjunction with free child places. Offer excludes free insurance and unlimited name changes (up to 10 weeks prior to departure).
Special arrangements for Groups
Groups requiring special arrangements relating to flights (extra baggage; carriage of golf clubs; equipment etc), or in resort (extra room hire etc) must be aware that any special arrangements are subject to availability and may incur an extra charge. Please call our Holiday Advisors for further details.
There are a limited number of free kids places available at selected properties on selected dates from all UK airports. These places are obviously popular and go quickly, so make sure you book early. Please note that the second child price applicable at the time of booking still applies if the first child has a free place. A free child means you benefit from not paying the applicable child price for the first child. (The current selling price for that child applies if no free child places are left or you have the option to choose to pay for the child in order to benefit from other savings or discounts). Please see below for the child price conditions.
First Child Prices
If you miss out on a free child place, relax – our family value means that we offer excellent low child prices.
Second and Subsequent Child Prices
To make it easier for larger families, our second child prices apply not only to the second child but also to any others that share the room or apartment as well. Whilst most apartments can usually accommodate a second child, not many hotels have rooms big enough. Please note that the second child price still applies if the first child has a free place. Even so, we have managed to secure as many of these as possible, though the third or fourth beds may only be suitable for children and you might not have as much space as you’d like.
Child price conditions
1. Children travelling on a free holiday, or paying a child price, must share accommodation with at least two persons paying the full adult price.
2. Subject to availability, one free child place can be selected for each room booked. (e.g. 2 apartments reserved on one booking can receive 2 free child places). If there are no free child places left on your chosen holiday, the first child pays the price shown.
3. The child’s age on the return date of travel must not exceed the age limit stated in the property description.
4. Third and subsequent children pay the 2nd child price.
5. Children qualifying for a free holiday are entitled to the basic accommodation and flights free but must pay for any optional meal arrangements and optional accommodation supplements (for example superior room supplements); all other children must pay ANY accommodation supplements in full.
6. Children DO NOT count towards apartment/villa/suite/studio occupancy levels.
7. Infants under two years of age on the day of RETURN pay £29 (shorthaul and medium haul up to 7 hours) and £59 (longhaul) on all charter flights (subject to change). For Scheduled flights, charges do vary dependent on the airline, type of fare selected and the destination. Infant charges will be confirmed at the time of booking. These charges are for an infant sitting on an adults lap. Extra services required, cots, etc., must be paid to the apartment/hotel locally. See section on INFANTS for further details.
8. The full adult deposit must be paid for all children except infants. In the case of a free child place the deposit will be deducted from the final holiday invoice.
9. Child ages you provide must be applicable to the relevant date of return. If a child is subsequently older on the date of return than originally specified at the time of booking, this may mean they no longer qualify for a child price and you will have to pay the full adult fare, plus any admin fees before the party can travel.
Already found a deal? Enter your quote reference here and go straight to your ideal holiday