At Direct Holidays we appreciate the importance of providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of ability or technology used to access the internet. We work hard to improve the accessibility of our website, taking guidance from industry best practice and many of the available standards and guidelines.
Page & Text Size
If you have a vision impairment and find the text on our site too small to read it may help to magnify our web pages. You can do this using any of the following methods:
Standard keyboard setup:
- Press: 'CTRL' + '=' to increase the text size
- Press 'CTRL' + '-' to decrease the text size
- Press 'CTRL' + '0' to reset to the default size
- Key and Mouse Combined:
- Hold down the 'CTRL' key on the keyboard and scroll your mouse wheel forwards and backwards to Zoom in and out,
- Via your Browser Settings:
- Use the 'Zoom' option found in the browser's settings.
Note: If you use a Mac, please use the ‘CMD’ key instead of the ‘CTRL’ key
Potential Accessibility Barriers
Whilst we strive to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. Current instances that we are aware of include:
- Areas of the site with 3rd party content which is not under our control
- The heading structure on some of our older pages can sometimes be confusing. (We continue to make progress on improving this.)
- Our Colour scheme may not always provide enough contrast for readability (currently under review)
- Some features of our site are not yet touch screen friendly
We are continually making improvements to our site to bring it in-line with best practice and to remove any potential barriers, so please do keep checking our site over the coming months.
Contact information and answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions can be found in our Customer Support section.
If you need assistance at the airport or whilst on the aircraft, please go to our Special Assistance page for more information.